I think my work on this assignment was good. I don’t think it’s the best but I’m overall satisfied with how it turned out. I tried not to saturate the image too much and I think it looks nice. The clouds don’t look too fake neither so that worked out. I like the pink in the sun, I think it gives the image a nice tone. The fish lense also makes the picture cool and I like how that worked. I think using different clouds that were more dramatic would’ve been a better option, but the clouds on this one aren’t that bad. All in all, I like how it looks and am satisfied with the editing.
HDR in photography stands for high dynamic range. This is the range between the absolute lightest tones in a photo to the darkest ones. It’s the measure of light within a picture. To successfully achieve this in photography, you have to make sure you have a limited range of these light and dark tones. A way to do so is by taking three different pictures set with different exposures. If you’re taking a picture of a mountain and sky, try an underexposed picture to enhance the tones of the mountains and an overexposed picture to enhance the tones of the sky. Combining these pictures together will create a picture that perfectly captures both the sky and the mountains at once. Further editing your photos with high saturation can also bring out the different subjects’ colors and texture within the photo.
Similarities between Photoshop and Lightroom are that you can use the same image formats such as PNG, JPG, RAW, etc. They also share similar editing tools such as filters, effects, brushes, crop tools, and much more. You can also access all photos you’ve edited in the apps.
Differences between Photoshop and Lightroom are that Lightroom is easier to find the editing tools and allows you to edit multiple photos at once, whereas Photoshop does not. Photoshop is able to put layers on top of each other, but in Lightroom, you have to use photos that are not layered.
- Going to the movies is a great way to get inspired as it exposes you to new storylines you may want to follow in your photos and the overall dialog.
- Shooting the same subject several times in different angles can also help find inspiration for new ways you can shoot.
- Taking a self-portrait in unusual poses, angles, and settings can also help you find a modification you may like.
- Taking a picture at a family event also ensures you capture candid moments and fill your photos with warmth and wholeness.
- Shooting in the dark and messing with light tools can also create unique pictures.
- Fulfilling different photo challenges can also lead to you taking one you actually like.
- Visiting an art show can give you inspiration on what to base your photos around as far as theme.
- Having a list of “photo inspiration” can help when stuck on ideas.
- Looking 360 can help you see the different angles in certain subjects and having a better view on things as a photographer.
- Shooting for a certain theme helps focus on specific objects or things that tie in with that subject.
- Shooting a sporting event can come as an opportunity to take nice candid shots and portraits of players.
- Reading an art magazine will expose you to abstract ideas and creations that you can implement in your photography.
- Listening to your favorite music or different genres of music for that matter can help you let loose and think more creatively as you are gravitated by the flow of the sound.
- Going through CD covers can give you ideas on how you can recreate it or make something like it.
- Looking at others’ photography can give you inspiration on what subjects to focus on or what theme to carry.
- Learning new lighting techniques can improve the quality of your work.
- Contributing in a photowalk will introduce you to fellow photographers, gain some new ideas, and look around with people who know when, where, and what to shoot.
- Using props can help you become creative and can give you pleasant results.
- Trying to tell a story using multiple pictures will give you the purpose in finding specific things to shoot and how to go about angles and such.
- Taking a picture of your favorite food can be both enjoyable and beneficial as you can learn how to capture your meal in an appetizing way for your viewer, which can be a challenge.
I think Cindy Sherman’s work is unique and cool. Not many photographers only take pictures of themselves so it’s fun to see one that does. I like this photo because I think she looks pretty and the emotion within this portrait is brilliantly captured. I think it was pretty smart doing a series of self-portraits because it makes shooting easier since you know what you want in your picture. She has every right to be famous because photography is all about creating art and originality, which she does beautifully.
Explain the main difference between a raw and jpeg file.
They have different file sizes which is the main way the two files differ. That and image quality is different among the two. RAW has the highest quality pictures. The speed in which they are processed is also different as jpeg is faster in this area than raw.
Which file is bigger, RAW or Jpeg?
A raw file is often bigger than a Jpeg, ranging from around 6 times the size. Because raw files carry more data than jpeg files do, it’s bigger. Jpeg files compress the data to fit its smaller file size.
Can you change a Raw file to a Jpeg, once your photos are on the computer? How?
You have to open the RAW file, copy it, save, and select “export as” and click on JPEG. Then you’ll find your two separate files: JPEG and RAW.
If you were shooting an important event, would you shoot it RAW or Jpeg? Explain.
I would use RAW as it’s of the best quality and is something to edit later on. Images you want to capture that will have lots of detail and vibrant color will be possible when shooting in RAW.
What inspired my creativity was thinking about people that win cars on game shows and stuff. I wanted to recreate the joyous person winning the car and the “host” gifting such person. The one leaning against the car is based off the models that are there to look pretty around the prizes while displaying them.